Monday, January 10, 2005

"Let's roll"

Well folks, it is finally game time. I leave in about 2.5 hours for Iraq. I'll be going ahead of my unit as part of the Advance Party in order to get things set up logistically for the main body to arrive. I'm actually kind of excited for a couple of different reasons. One, we are finally leaving "training" mode, and moving into "execution" mode, which means we can start making a difference. Secondly, it means we are beginning the next chapter in this saga, which means I am one step closer to coming back home to my family.

Keep praying for all of the soldiers in my unit. We are entering a crucial time with the elections coming up at the end of the month. Let's also pray that the elections go well, and with a large turn out, which will solidify it's legitimacy.

Thanks again to all who have posted. I always enjoying your comments.

John G. - thanks for the offer on the bullet you found...but ammo is one thing that is not in short supply around here. They hand it out like candy at Halloween. BTW...was that post your last post to the last post, or is there another post to another post?

Still don't have an address, but I will in about two more weeks.

I have lots of pictures, but still no way to get them uploaded to the blog. I should be able to set something up once we get settled in.

Talk to ya soon.


j

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Just wanted to clarify something about a previous post from Sue Winsett that when Deb & I were at her Disco party we were "as big as brick houses" because we were 6 & 7 months PREGNANT. Just didn't want anyone to wonder ;-)

Honey - I am so proud of you !!! You are the best !!!

LOVE,
Amy

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're all in our daily thoughts and prayers. we in tcoc cannot wait to get an address as we are already gathering up goods to ship over. if there's anything y'all need more than anything else, please let us know! take care, be safe, god bless! talk to ya soon!

6:45 AM  
Blogger John M said...

For the first time, I finally have a good example of someone who would rather be in the middle of closing the quarter at work, you!

Everyone back here at the ranch is praying for your whole team. Keep up the great work and come home safe.

Care packages are on the way.

JWM

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey brother, got the autographs yesterday!!! it is framed and on my shelf. not sure if it was you or someone else that folded in half though, not good you just reduced the profit on those by 50%. anyway take care of yourself and our sister. the elections are coming up and those idiots are going to get crazy. tell osama and al-Zarqawi that they dont want my german temper over there.

justus

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John-
I look so forward to reading your blogs--what is a "Blog" anyway? Hope you are doin' well. I talk to big sis regularly! She and the kids seem to be holding their own! Can't wait to hear your stories and see some pics. God bless you and we are praying for you!
Love, Lil sis-Mol

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John, just letting you know that I think of you and your sister everyday, and I pray for both of you to return safe. It's good to see your face even if it is in the desert! Please post if you get to see Meg. Somehow it would make me feel better. Your Mom

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX