Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sand Monster

In my last post I shared my experiences with a sand storm that blew in the previous night. Unbeknownst to me what we saw was just the after effects of a much larger storm that occured to the north earlier that day. A good friend of mine, Steve Briscoe, is stationed at Al Asad Air Base as a civillian contractor. Below are some pretty amazing pictures he sent me.

This huge wall of sand came barreling in at approximately 60 miles per hour.










And you thought those scenes in "The Mummy Returns" were just Hollywood hype.










Steve described what began as a clear, sunny day becoming as dark as night within minutes of the cloud engulfing them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! Charles remembers them and is sorry that you have to endure them! TTFN - Carol

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you dust after that? Ugh. Not that I dust, but just wondering.

BTW, the blog title is one of the funniest things I've heard lately.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I thought the sandstorms in West Texas were bad.....

I've been reading all the blogs.....just haven't commented yet. Good to see you're doing well, all things considered. Let us know what you/your guys need in the next care package. BTW, the poem is a tear-jerker....Cindra's still crying.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for enduring things such as this. You and yours have more support than you will ever know.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX