Monday, September 26, 2005

Milestones

I apologize for the sparse blogging of late, but I have found myself busier than usual. The good news is that the busyness is being driven by our quickly approaching redeployment date (i.e. we’re getting ready to go home). We still have a couple of months to go here, but we are definitely within the window that necessitates planning.

One particular milestone that brings me much relief and joy is seeing my little sister over here for the last time. (She has been serving in Iraq for the past year as part of Transportation Company from the Illinois National Guard). Although it has been a great pleasure having the ability to ocassionally spend time with family while I have been here, I will not miss worrying about her as she takes another trip on what are very dangerous roads. She has done her time, served with distinction, and now it is time for her to go and let someone else take their turn.

Sis – if you are reading this, please know that I am very proud of you…but I am also glad you are leaving. :-)

I’ll see you when I get back.

Big bro’

8 Comments:

Blogger kathi said...

Ditto Betsy's comment!!
We're all so proud of you and give thanks for all that you do.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, Your folks must be popping their buttons as they look with pride @ the pic of you and Megan. To see you both standing there with weapons over your shoulders only brings to mind again the reality of your location and mission. You have been and will remain in the palm of the Lord's hand--thats our prayer.So proud of you both,too. Ps91 Luv M/D B

8:24 AM  
Blogger membrain said...

That's so very cool!!

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a little surreal seeing those name tags match.
I am glad you both will be coming home soon.
I look forward to the day my Hubby returns ;o)

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when my boyfriend Stan was preparing to come home. The days dragged! I just could not wait. I know your family is feeling the same anticipation. the picture of you and your sister is beautiful. I wish you both the best and offer prayers for a safe return!

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldnt really be scared of either of you sorry, by the way you know whats sad is that we are having to carry these weapons in our own country because of a couple hurricanes, the idiots are not just overseas but in our own country also

jus

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what a great milestone it will be when you are both safe and home! Proud of you both and like I've told you before, I might hug you a little too long, but you'll just have to deal with it. Love and prayers always, Momma

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could I follow a comment from "Momma"? Thanks to you, Momma, and to John and Megan, and God bless you all!

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX