Saturday, October 08, 2005

Endurance

I have endured much.

I have spent the better part of the last fourteen months away from the family I adore.

I have endured a summer of 130 degree plus weather occasionally complimented by scorching winds and choking dust.

I have awoken to the sound of mortar rounds impacting and live with the constant awareness that there are evil men nearby that want to bring me harm.

But due to the wonders of modern technology I was able to watch a glorious event tonight, and even if it was only for a few hours...all was well with the world.



Texas Longhorns beat Oklahoma 45 - 12

Hook 'em

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, john, carol here. i actually watched some of that game and thought about you. glad you could get some game time! be safe.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dad! sorry you havent heard from me in a while, but i've been pretty busy. i heard about the game and i was so happy. a lot of people were going and the traffic was backed up. well we won our volleyball game and the other team had senoirs on it! and while im on the subject of sports...our football team is still undefeated! and next week we are going to huston, and the cheerleaders get to cheer. well,i got to go. see ya in a couple months!!! love ya.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see it! I can identify - my Bama team took charge of the FL Gators last weekend. Made my month!!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep brother,

it may finally be there year, they beat my favorite team in ohio state at columbus and then finally beat oklahoma, only test left will be texas tech which usually plays texas well, they would be my 2nd team that i would want to win it and since ohio state has 2 losses texas is going all the way

jus

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forgot to add that The BEST NFL TEAM "THE DALLAS COWBOYS" PUT A WHOOPING ON the eagles today, going to the bowl baby

jus

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a fellow Texan here. Glad you got to see the game. Thank you for doing what you do everyday, so that they rest of us can sit safely in our air conditioned houses and watch the same game. In my book, you are more of a hero than anyone on that football field. Your family must be proud.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX