Thursday, March 10, 2005

Thank You!!!!

I have recieved so much support from so many people, I wanted to take a moment to show my appreciation to the following (in no certain order):

Ginny Rollie and all my coworkers at Dell
All of you have been incredibly supportive from the beginning. I'll never forget when I first found out that I was being activated for deployment. I was truly blown away by all of words of support and encouragement. Your recent packages have been a real morale booster to me and a lot of other troops. I look forward to getting back to the "real world" and working with all of you again. Ginny - you are the hub that keeps that wagon wheel rolling.

Jim Dunmire and his fellow coworkers at J.C. Penny
I recieved your care packages yesterday, and all I can say is "Wow!" Nine packages in one day made me really popular with the mail handler (he had to haul them all from the post office). I made it worth his while by opening them up and letting take what he needed. You have blessed more soldiers than I can list, and we all appreciate it greatly. Please pass on our gratitude to everyone who was involved in such a large effort.

Aunt Maidi and Uncle Ivan
Aunt Maidi, your emails of encouragement are always arrive at the perfect time and I want you to know what a morale booster they are. I appreciate your unwaivering support, and your care packages. You are truly a class act.

Mom & Dad
I know having two of your kids deployed has been tough for both of you. Your packages have been great...especially since they are just for me. :-) I am the man I am today because of both of you. I love you both, and I look forward to our next reunion.

Gary Moore
Your friendship has been a real blessing, and I always get a lift from your emails. It is always great to hear from you, and if there has ever been a time I haven't written back it is not due to lack of appreciation. You are a true friend and I look forward to my next flying lesson.

Justus and Joan
Justus, I appreciate your posts...especially the funny ones. I can use all the laughter I can get over here. I just recieved your package, and I really appreciate you both making the effort to show your support. On a final note...Justus, this is just for you...yeah, you little brother...lean in real close, and listen to your older, wiser brother..."Propose to the girl for the love of Pete!!" I expect to come home to a wedding.

John Geyerman
14 pounds of coffee and several hundred MP3's will go a long way in making this year more bearable. Thank you for the longest lasting friendship of my life.

Charles and Carol
Thank you for your thoughtful posts, emails, and the recent goodies. I know you have a true appreciation for all of this since you have "been there, done that, and got the t-shirt." It's always good to hear from you.

Donn and Sue
I am truly blessed to have such great in-laws. You both have been extremely supportive, and I know you are checking on Amy on a regular basis. Thanks for your packages and words of encouragment and support.

Amy, Alex, Jessica, Jennifer, Seth, and Luke
Each of you give me the motivation that keeps me going over here. While this is extremely difficult, I want to learn all I can from the experience so I can be a better husband and father when I get back. I constantly day dream of when we are all together again, and I can hold each of you in my arms. I am truly amazed at how much God has blessed me with such a beautiful family. You are my passion.

There are so many others that I could thank for their posts, emails, prayers, and lending a helping hand to Amy while I'm gone. I appreciate each and every one of you, and I want you to know that your support makes all the difference over here.

You are all awesome people.

j

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh brother
i thought grandma upperman was bad, telling me to give her a ring, now i have my older brother telling me to do it too, isnt it legal after 7 years anyway, we havent been together even 3 years yet, whats the hurry, ive got a house with her and food on the table, i dont want to ruin a good thing by getting married

justus

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I know a good jeweler

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy you already are a great father, I don't think you could get any better. And thank you for finaly saying something to Uncle Justus!!! He must be insain for not asking her yet!
And I'm also sorry I haven't posted a comment in a while. I love you sooooooo much and I miss you too. I will see you soon.

Love,
Baby Girl

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a very good jeweler! In fact I'm married to one. Get the hint Justus. Your brother is older and wiser. Please listen to him. Anyway John, no thanks needed but so very much appreciated. Love you with all my heart. Momma

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....love.....boy and girl.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....love.....boy and girl.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....boy and girl....in love.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....boy and girl....in love.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....boy and girl....in love.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....boy and girl....in love.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let me get this straight..... Family blessing....boy and girl....in love.... and a great jeweler!!!!! Maybe we should draw him a picture. Nobody ever said he was a fast learner. But I love him. Thanks Uppermans... you guys are a trip. Thoughts and Prayers
Joan

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX