Friday, May 20, 2005

Still kicking

I apologize that I haven't posted in so long. I've found myself on the road a lot lately, and very busy with some change of missions that came down from higher. The optempo here goes from one extreme to another. I think the best description I've heard regarding the pace of life here is that, "there are long periods of boredom interrupted by brief moments of chaos and tragedy." Fortunatley there is nothing "tragic" at the moment, but there is plenty of chaos.

My last post really recieved a lot of attention, and I appreciate all of the tremendous feedback. Since that day I have found myself contemplating the plight of these children frequently. They truly are the hope of this nation. Our success or failure in shaping a brighter future for them will have tremendous implications for this entire region and ultimatley the world. I have a strong desire to find a way to do more for them, and I have some ideas I hope to share later. If you have some ideas, please let me know.

Until then...

john

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS that was my first time bloging,,,,didnt mean to post twice,,,

ep417, rear gaurd.

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello John:

It is truely a blessing to see and hear how God is working through you and you commrades to bring love and hope to the children of that nation. I can see that the Lord is sustaining you and I know that you will do even greater works for the Kingdom because of this journey. Is there anything I can send you and/or the children of Irag? You and your family are always in our prayers.

Love,
Andrea and Alfred

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get that quote " the life of an infantry man long periods of boredom interrupted by short periods of terror" from? My geology professor is making us find who originally said that quote...but its not Derek Ager he got it from some one else. please let me know!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX