Sunday, May 22, 2005

More pics you won't see on the news

I seemed to have found my blog niche. There are a lot of military blogs being published from the front lines and they all have the unique perspective of the individuals writing them. Some are simply day-to-day journals, others like Alexander the Average comtemplate the impact of American foreign policy and the idealogical war we are waging, and others like Michael Yon give gripping accounts of toe-to-toe slug fests with the insurgents that are both inspiring and painful.

My blog is none of these. I want to show you the real people of this country. Not the radicals and the criminals, but the every day people that are trying to live their lives and figure out how this is all going to pan out. The people of Iraq are no more like the cowardice insurgents you see on the news than you and I are like the people in Hollywood movies. I still have not reached a point where I easily trust any of them, but I occassionally see glimpses of their lives that reminds me that they are ordinary people...just like you and I. You can not allow your judgement of this nation and its people be shaped by what you see on the evening news. The main stream media (MSM) is only going to show you profitable news. News that shocks, grabs your attention, and drives ratings. They will never report the subtle victories that occur here everyday.

They won't show you people putting aside old prejudices and forging new friendships...


Nor will they show you people working to make a better future...




...or contemplating life just like you and I do.

They won't show you the laughter...
...nor the playfullness.

But I will.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since my injury I spend alot of time on the web. On another blog I found out about an advertising scheme that gives away free computers! I allready got one, didn't cost a thing. So I thought I'd pass along the info for anyone else on a tight budget. : )

http://www.FreeMiniMacs.com/?r=15601403

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, Wonderful, Stupendice~!!!! Not sure If I spelled that last one right but I KNOW your my baghdaddy!!

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there! sry i havent posted any thing on ur blog latley but ive been pretty busy with school, especially with finals comming up :P and i promise i will try to send u some pics of my graduation :) *yay* i read ur blog about the children and i thought it was really cool!well not a whole lot of stuff is goin' on but i gotta go to bed because ive got finals tomorrow. luv ya

~jenny~

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK BAGHDADDY!!! My husband is in the 3-112th AR. I'm proud to have men like yourself serving right along side of him. There is so much negativity shown on the tube and heard on the radio. It's great to see a little sunshine during this storm!!!

You guys & gals are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Be safe!
Lea Feuge

7:40 PM  
Blogger JulieB said...

*Thank you* so much for this. We need to know that life goes on there and that good things happen as well. When all you hear is bombing and bloodshed, after awhile you wonder if there is anything left.
There are a couple blogs that look for "Pictures of Hope" and I've handed your site on to them. I hope that you get tons of great links!!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You for sharing these pictures and well.... the other side of things.

It will help ppl to remember that these are ....Husbands ..Wives...Sons and Daughters and not everyone in Iraq is radical or bad.

I understand the trust issue.
I pray for everyone of you over there including my Hubby.

You all make us proud ;o)

Kel

www.xanga.com/Luvthewaves

2:08 PM  
Blogger jaibone said...

YES! Just what I believe... If you don't get a book deal out of this, you should.... I'm sending you link to Oprah... She's mighty powerful, and what you write, and show to the rest of us is more than valuable during this time.

Keep shaking hands, but I'll keep saying duck and cover Captain!

Regards,
Jai

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rock!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the web page. Nice Job

I will share this with your Grandma tonight.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the web page. Nice Job

I will share this with your Grandma tonight.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Miklos said...

Great photos and a great blog.

I'm a loyal reader now.

Keep it up, and be safe out there.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX