Monday, July 25, 2005

Finally

Blogging will be light over the next couple of weeks as take some much needed R&R with my family. I am currently in a holding pattern since there is a sand strom brewing, which is preventing them from giving us a specific flight time. Once that is scheduled I will fly from here to Kuwait, then from Kuwait to Europe (probabaly either Germany or Ireland), and then to the great Republic of Texas.

Despite the current delay I am flying high as a kite and there is nothing that can bring me down right now. I figure by the time I get to the Austin airport it will have been 214 days since I last saw my beautiful family. I know the two weeks will go by all too quickly, but I plan on making the most of every moment.

I heard this song today and it pretty much sums it up:
It’s times like these you learn to live again
It’s times like these you give and give again
It’s times like these you learn to love again
It’s times like these time and time again

(Foo Fighters - "Times Like These")

I'll see ya when I get back.

j

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John-

Have a safe trip home and a fantastic time with your family.

Best-

Mike McMullen

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the much deserved R & R. Give us a wave as you pass over Indiana.

Suellen

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy!!!! We'll keep an eye on your blog... :)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! Have a safe trip and enjoy every second with your family. Don't worry about us here, LOL. We'll be reading when you get back!

5:38 PM  
Blogger membrain said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful reunion. Seth sounds like a little charmer. Take care.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Enjoy your well deserved RnR. I know your family will be so glad to have you there. GO REPUBLIC OF TEXAS.;)

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Can't imagine what the Austin Airport will be like when you reconnect with your family. /Enjoy and cherish every hour. Wish we could give you a hug too. Luv Ps 91

8:05 PM  
Blogger Al's Girl said...

Have a wonderful R&R!!!! Savor every moment and stay safe on your trip back.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got stuck in Atlanta the other day,,,( night),,,but I saw sooo many GI~s,(10,,compared to none,,),,I was glad to be there,,,,,,even if they were going out for duty,,,,( pray they were coming back home)

I felt at home asking one ( or two)guy`s if they were " flying in or out",,,,,( he said "flying out"),,,,, these guys, put up with , with things I cant even imagine,,,and I am only based at home,,,in my own little airport,,,,I support them in My Heart,,,,and have a new found resppect............for those who support, or prove our nation...be it national, fire , police,army, navy, USMC,,,etc...

I (hope)ed I passed You,,,or Anyone from Your unit,,,Hey John,,,Prayers...JSF,,,,God Does work In very strange wayyys.


........ I am Very happy You have a chance to go home,,,,

....Jason

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John - Godspeed to you. You are probably home with your family right now. I can ONLY IMAGINE the elation you are are feeling. Wonder if you'll waste any time sleeping or just stay up the whole time. Sure you'll sleep a little ;-) I so happy for you, Amy and mostly the kids who clearly love their daddy alot! Why wouldn't they??? He's a hero.

Take Care,
Laurie D.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX