Wednesday, June 15, 2005

It'sHot



This was taken at about 3:00 p.m.today. The themometer was out of direct sunlight so it was literally 120 degrees in the shade. Of course, this themometer only goes up to 120 so it may have been warmer.

I've been asked what it feels like when it gets this hot. The best way to describe it is; set your oven on 150, stick your head inside, take a blow dryer with it's hottest setting, and blow it in your face. That's pretty much what it feels like.

Now if there is anyone who would actually try this experiment it would be my brother, Jessic.

Let me know how it goes, bro'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Wow!!! And I thought Texas was hot!!! Here when it is 112, it feels like my skin is going to melt. So I can't even imagine what it feels like there. Allthough, I could imagine it if I tried your little "experiment"..... but i'd rather not. See you soon.

I love you,
Jessica

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Bill W said...

John -

I have been working over there on infrastructure projects off & on since June of '03, but not over there at the moment. Believe it or not, it will get hotter - 130-140 in July/ August. I told people at that point, it feels like your clothes will burn you.

I have so much respect for the military,having to have the heat, and the packs, and travel in a Humvee or Bradly - I'm sure it is even worse.

Stay safe, drink lots of water.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Yikes. I think I'll quit complaining about the 90 degree weather we've been having in Philadelphia then...

6:34 PM  
Blogger armynurseboy said...

At least it's a dry heat! ;o)

12:14 PM  
Blogger Andy Wall said...

Happy Father's Day John.

We're praying for you. Keep on fighting the good fight.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX