Sunday, May 29, 2005

Why I serve


Left to right: Jessica, Alex, Jennifer, Luke & Seth

So they don't have be afraid every time they step out of the house.

So we can send them to school without fear of a car bomb going off.

So they have an opportunity to grow up and pursue whatever dream they choose.

I serve so that, hopefully, they won't have to.

Regardless of how you feel about our presence in Iraq we have taken the fight to their backyard, which is keeping them out of ours.

If you would like to know more about these handsome kids you can read more about them in a previous post.

9 Comments:

Blogger Michael Hawn said...

Thank you for your service.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well worth fighting for! Thank you for keeping them out of AL, too! I appreciate the service of all you guys and gals.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Bag Blog said...

Your service protects my family too. Thank you. You are appreciated and are in my prayers.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Maggie Goff said...

They are beautiful! Thank you again for your service, and for your family's service. G-d Bless you all. And thank you for keeping this site. I come here often.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just curious... in what state was this picture taken?

5:58 AM  
Blogger John said...

This photo was taken in the great state of Texas. In the background is the clock tower of my alma mater, THE University of Texas at Austin.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from Texas also (in fact in Austin!)Great lookin' kids!
Always a reason to fight - our children. Yours and mine. I cannot thank you enough for fighting for us all.
I have been reading your blog for a while now and I admire you for your service.
May you and those around you be safe.
Keep writing.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome bunch of kiddos....definitely worth fighting for!! I know you're proud and looking forward to seeing your family soon. Stay strong John and keep posting.
Michelle

3:38 PM  
Blogger The Crafty-Girlâ„¢ said...

This is one of those times when the words "thank you" just aren't enough.

To you, your family and those that accompany you overseas, God bless...

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Austin, TX